The Drawing Board

Some rough draft stories, favorite blog posts other stuff.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Assignment 14

This was supposed to be a good-bye poem  I think I have some rhythm issues, but I can’t dance, either so it’s no surprise.

                               Lullaby of a Broken Heart

Washing away
each image of you,
I wander from where we were us.
The dreams we once had turn to dust under foot,
And each breath leads us further apart.

The memories grow smaller—
Ships hazy on the horizon.

I fill the emptiness you made
With prayers and songs and tears.
Desperately shoving each round one
Into the square-like holes.

When you were here
The world spun smooth,
The stars shone long and loud.

We made ourselves a puzzle,
You the answer to me,
I the question of you.
Apart, each a jagged-edged riddle.

With each sunset
I come more fully back to me,
Though never to the start again.
My pulse is now off-beat,
My eyes a different shade.
Outside mirrors inside—
I tumble through the days.

To set you free,
I set me free…
Adieu, mon grand amour!

2 Comments:

At December 07, 2005 7:48 PM, Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

I think that the rhythm (or lack thereof) fits your purposes quite nicely. Je l'aime!

 
At December 08, 2005 3:35 PM, Blogger Bored Housewife said...

Merci, cheri!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home